Sunday, December 18, 2016

Welcome (back)



Welcome (back) to Versifier Unleashed! I started this blog in January of 2012 with some hefty ambitions. However, after only seventy eight posts, the blog went dormant in April of 2013. Truth be told, I have no idea where seventy eight posts in sixteen months, which averages out to a little fewer than five a month, falls in the spectrum of most blogs. Maybe I was overachieving and had no idea…? For a time I even kept a running list of topics, items, events, thoughts, etc. I wanted to write about. Alas, life’s dance carried me off in different directions and here we are, almost four years later.

With the start of a new year only two weeks away I figure it is the perfect time to regenerate. I’ve archived and removed the old posts from the blog so we can start fresh with a new chapter and new look. Writing is very much a part of my daily life. Between rhymes/music lyrics, poetry, writing at work, social media, web content, personal correspondence, etc., I get to write in a wide variety of styles and formats. Yet what is missing amongst all that is an open podium with which I can serve a buffet plate of life’s moments and reflections. A blog is the perfect medium to do just that. Thus, we begin!

What can one expect to read on my blog?
Well, I can tell you that a large portion will focus on Hip Hop, music, Star Wars, dogs (mainly my dog), the 501st Legion, and sports, as those are my biggest passions. But I’m sure I’ll sprinkle some extra, off-topic stuff in from time to time. You know, keep it interesting!

So keep a cup of coffee, can of Diet Coke, or glass of whiskey on the rocks handy. It will be a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment