Monday, June 12, 2017

My 501st Legion 9th Anniversary



Nine years ago today (June 12, 2008), I became an approved member of the 501st Legion and participated in my first troop! And a year ago yesterday (June 11, 2016), I completed my 200th 501st Legion troop. It has been an incredibly fun and rewarding experience thus far. The 501st does a plethora of amazing things which have a positive effect on so many people, and so many communities, throughout the world. I am truly honored to be part of such a great organization. As a member of the 501st, I’ve had countless great experiences, on both a charity/community level, as well as on a Star Wars level. Through the Legion, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and form relationships with awesome people, locally and across the globe. I’ve been lucky enough to have been a part of troops/events that have raised money for multiple charities, and help to create smiles and memories for countless kids, families and adults. And lastly, I’ve had opportunities to serve the Legion, my garrison (Central Garrison), and my squad (Wolf Pack Squad), in various elected and volunteer positions and roles.

Next year, for my 10th anniversary, I’ll share my full 501st Legion story, post my 501st resume, release a ‘The First Ten Years’ video, as well as a few surprises. But for now, I’ll just keep it short and sweet.

501st for Life!
#BadGuysDoingGood

To learn more about the 501st Legion, please visit www.501st.com


No comments:

Post a Comment