Sunday, January 12, 2020

Wave 3


I started Versifier Unleashed in January of 2012 in the hopes it would become an alternative writing outlet to my music and poetry. A place where I could share select pieces of non-music or poem related writing on a wider, yet somewhat centralized, range of topics. As someone who is used to only sharing a percentage of my collective writing, a blog made for a good home to post what I felt I wanted out in the world. For example; in over twenty years of making music, I’ve released over three hundred songs, but I’ve written well over five hundred, many of which were never recorded. The blog would essentially just be for me, an archive of certain writing. However, if other’s find, read, and enjoy it, then that’s a welcome bonus.

From January of 2012 to April of 2013 I posted seventy eight pieces. The blog then sat dormant for three and a half years. In December of 2016 I deleted all seventy eight original posts and started from scratch. The second time around I realized the blog would make a great place to post particular things I otherwise did not have a viable platform to house, such as the Ahsoka Tano visual reference guide book I had written, and the Dr. Mickel’s Golden Era Playlist series I had started. Thus, the blog became collective of creative writing, free-writing, articles, list-based posts, and project-based posts. Along those lines I made forty two posts between December of 2016 and August of 2018. Following that was a second period of dormancy. In the later months of 2019 I began jotting down notes/ideas of things I suddenly felt compelled to write about. And I even got some writing done. Enter January 2020, and here we are, in what I’m dubbing “Wave 3”, the third go-round. This time I didn’t completely wipe the slate clean, as I left seventeen of the forty two posts from 2016-2018 up on the blog. And going forward I’m going to keep the same mixture of creative writing, free-writing, articles, list-based posts, and project-based posts. That combination is rather indicative of my personality, so it’s a perfect fit.

Life is obviously too unpredictable to say if the blog will again go into hibernation sometime in the next two years (two year spurts seem to be the track record). But at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if it does or not. It’s a fun hobby and outlet for me, and I have zero expectations beyond that.

I did archive the first one hundred and twenty posts, so I’ll always have those even if they are no longer up on the blog (not including the seventeen I left up).

Versifier Unleashed is the blog home for many of the entities I’ve started, created, or built over the years, including;
·         Versifier – Hip Hop emcee, song writer, recording artist, and retired (basically) performer
·         Manifesters – Hip Hop group
~ DayBreakers – side Hip Hop recording duo
~ Oxcyde & Versifier – side Hip Hop recording duo
~ Manifest Life Publishing – music publishing company
·         @AhsokaTanosLife – Ahsoka Tano fan account
·         The Prides of Nexu Museum – home to my personal Star Wars collection
·         The Lost Holocron – my Star Wars Hip Hop music project
·         Dr. Mickel’s Golden Era Playlists – 80’s-90’s Golden Era Hip Hop and R&B playlists
·         TK-9721 – of the 501st Legion
·         Cyphis / Darth Cyphis – my fan-fiction Star Wars character
Thus, I link to the blog from a variety of different sources.

As far as what I have in the works for “Wave 3”, here’s a general, but by no means exclusive, list of topics to expect;
·         Hip Hop
·         Star Wars
·         Star Wars Collecting
·         Ahsoka Tano (character)
·         Ahsoka Tano (fandom)
·         80’s-90’s Golden Era Hip
·         Star Wars Hip Hop
·         Sports
·         Dogs
·         Star Wars Expanded Universe
·         Lucas-Era Star Wars
·         501st Legion
·         80’s-90’s Golden Era R&B
·         Collecting
·         and more


No comments:

Post a Comment